Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Personal Entry:

Let's define what the following words mean to me.

Magic: Magic to me is nothing more than the application and movement of energies that run throughout the universe. The word Magic has now become fraught with connotations of wonder and the inexplicable, but as science catches up with what I can already sense and use maybe we will call it [[A]]p =Maxp * [[Ax]]p in the 9th dimension on the epsilon-string tau emission.
x [[x]]p

Paganism: To my mind paganism is nothing more than a mixed bag of created/re-created religious ceremonies that may have had some sort of historical precedence but the certainty of that is lost to the mists of time. In essence this is a new religion that had its birth with Gardner in the late victorian/edwardian era. I feel that most people who claim they are pagans do not know their history and thus delude themselves by thinking it is some more ancient form of worship that pre-dates the big 3 in the western world. It isn't - it's just a different approach and that is all. It is no better or worse than any other religion.

Wicca: A subset of paganism where people are more interested in the art of spellcraft, herbology, and seekers of knowledge not accessible by conventional means. For most, being wiccan goes as deep as baking "special cookies" or knowing how to use lavender essential oil. However for a few, and I include myself in this bracket, they go deeper, they learn to access the deeper mysteries of life and return with a better understanding of themselves and their place in the universe.

Witchcraft: This is craft, the way of knowledge, one practices the way of knowledge. Can one truly master the craft? Good luck! People who say they have mastered it are lying, because only the true seekers are aware that there is still so much more to discover and uncover about our world and ourselves. I truly consider that witchcraft is a subset of all other forms of knowledge, like arts and sciences, and that each subset is really trying to distill the essence of what the universe is all about.

God and Goddess: Personally I rarely use the God and Goddess in daily ritual, perhaps only when I am performing high magic and that the cadence and rhythm of the energy I am channeling requires a masculine or feminine tone. In general the God and Goddess are nothing more than archetypes of the divine masculine and divine feminine. While most practitioners subscribe to one archetype over the other based on biological parts, being gay I fully recognize that I am wired to be a woman and a man. I can draw on the divine feminine or masculine at will and truly be that aspect. I feel no need for one archetype to represent me or the other, I represent myself. That being said I pause to remember that any lawyer who would hire himself as a client is a fool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home