Thursday, March 26, 2009

So I attempted to connect with my cats energetically about a month ago. Biggest mistake ever! The cats loved it so much that they are now sucking holes of need. I come home and poor Colin may have been cuddling with them but they all take off and run for me the moment I come in the door. One of the cats has now started the habit of pawing and banging the bedroom door to gain entrance so he can cuddle with me. I will never sleep well again!





I joined some friends for a winter/imbolc hike up Mt Hedgehog. Very pleasant trip! The weather was perfect, I could strip down so as not to get overheated. I ended up leading the pack as I settled into a rhythm. Focusing on the breathing and my steps along the path I settled into a meditative state. My eyes open to minute detail around me, squirrel and rabbit tracks, bloody feathers in the snow where a bird lost its life to be a bobcats' dinner. My nose smelled the sweet air of wind scented with spruce and hemlock. My ears heard the quiet roar of the forest in winter, the crunch of the snowshoes against the snow, and the whistle of the breeze moving through the trees. The best treat of all and the hallmark of any of my Imbolc hikes is to get back to the parking lot with the sun still visible above teh horizon at 5PM. Spring at last was on its way! For your interest the link below gives a nice photo shoot of the day.

http://www.gayoutdoors.org/page.cfm?sectionid=103&typeofsite=trip-report&id=2165

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home