10 things I currently do for the 4Rs
1) Buy less packaged items, by going to the bulk store.
2) Buy locally and all you purchases in one area so that you do not waste gas.
3) Leave the car at home and take public transit, or even better a bike.
4)plant a vegetable garden
5) compost all vegetable food scraps. The resulting compost is returned to the gardens to produce more vegetables.
6)The publisac is no longer welcome at our house, we have a "pas des circulaires" sign on our mailbox. If we wnat to look at the specials we go to publisac.ca.
7) Recycle plastic, glass, metal, paper.
8) I reuse tomato cans for Duck in a can. A PDC recipie that is very good!
9) I reuse aluminium foil.
10) I refuse plastic bags and use the cloth bags for shopping.
11) I use phosphate free laundry detergent, dish soap and dishwasher detergent. BTW a little vinegar and alcohol mixed in glycerol makes for a great jet dry!
12) I make my own soaps, shampoos masks and conditioners because I don't want to use the unsavoury chemicals they add to the commercial products as preservatives!
13) I insulate my house well, and do not heat it too high to reduce the use of electricity, and when we do heat or cool we use a heat pump primarily and the furnace as a backup. We also have an on-demand hot-water heater in our house.
14) We cook at home making things from scratch, primarily for health reasons but it also reduces our footprint.
15) We eat more at home than we eat out at restaurants.
16) We can/pickle/preserve everything we grow and everything that is fresh at the farmers market. In this way we support local farmers, reduce transportation of foods, and reduce waste like cans and plastic wrapping. Besides the mason jars we use are re-useable.
17) Our vacations are based more on outdoor adventure rather than going to some resort rife with over-indulgence. When we aren't camping we prefer bed and breakfasts rather than large hotels which use more arable land than a house.
18) We re-use our wine bottles either at the SAQ vins-en-vrac or when we make our own wine.
19) We shred our bills and old statements and use the shredded paper for compost.
20) We eat a diet that is low in red-meat.
1) Buy less packaged items, by going to the bulk store.
2) Buy locally and all you purchases in one area so that you do not waste gas.
3) Leave the car at home and take public transit, or even better a bike.
4)plant a vegetable garden
5) compost all vegetable food scraps. The resulting compost is returned to the gardens to produce more vegetables.
6)The publisac is no longer welcome at our house, we have a "pas des circulaires" sign on our mailbox. If we wnat to look at the specials we go to publisac.ca.
7) Recycle plastic, glass, metal, paper.
8) I reuse tomato cans for Duck in a can. A PDC recipie that is very good!
9) I reuse aluminium foil.
10) I refuse plastic bags and use the cloth bags for shopping.
11) I use phosphate free laundry detergent, dish soap and dishwasher detergent. BTW a little vinegar and alcohol mixed in glycerol makes for a great jet dry!
12) I make my own soaps, shampoos masks and conditioners because I don't want to use the unsavoury chemicals they add to the commercial products as preservatives!
13) I insulate my house well, and do not heat it too high to reduce the use of electricity, and when we do heat or cool we use a heat pump primarily and the furnace as a backup. We also have an on-demand hot-water heater in our house.
14) We cook at home making things from scratch, primarily for health reasons but it also reduces our footprint.
15) We eat more at home than we eat out at restaurants.
16) We can/pickle/preserve everything we grow and everything that is fresh at the farmers market. In this way we support local farmers, reduce transportation of foods, and reduce waste like cans and plastic wrapping. Besides the mason jars we use are re-useable.
17) Our vacations are based more on outdoor adventure rather than going to some resort rife with over-indulgence. When we aren't camping we prefer bed and breakfasts rather than large hotels which use more arable land than a house.
18) We re-use our wine bottles either at the SAQ vins-en-vrac or when we make our own wine.
19) We shred our bills and old statements and use the shredded paper for compost.
20) We eat a diet that is low in red-meat.
Labels: Recycling, Reduce, Refuse, Replenish, Respect, Reuse

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home